SILLCDC is looking to fill an opening for a Technical Support 2 for a project in downtown Washington DC. (Metro accessible). This is our DIRECT CLIENT. If you are interested, please send me your resume along with your expected hourly rate on 1099.
Analyst Roles & Responsibilities:
· Provides systems administration for the various Police Department computer resources including RMS, video and patrol laptop programs.
· Check transaction logs to ensure backups and running efficiently.
· Ensures data integrity for conversion and implementation of new systems as related to the Police Department and link-ups with other systems and locations.
· Configure and test MDT’s for use in patrol vehicles.
· Act as a liaison between the police department and outside vendors to troubleshoot and resolve application issues.
· Work as needed to assist Town personnel and staff with computer and technical issues.
· Provide required system maintenance to include within maintenance windows.
· Work with department records staff to complete monthly statistical reports and issues regarding State and local policies and procedures.
· Work with the Sr. Police Network Security Engineer to ensure the Department's network and personnel are in compliance with all applicable laws, rules, regulations, policies and procedures
· Work with the Town’s IT staff in developing and coordinating with the Network Administrator in maintaining an effective and efficient partnership related to all aspects of software/hardware acquisition and interface, design/development, upgrades and systems maintenance.
· Performs other related duties as required
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required
· Ability to analyze situations quickly and objectively to determine proper course of action to be taken.
· Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships, with judgment in evaluating situations and in making decisions.
· Prompt and regular attendance on the job, with all required equipment, is expected of each employee, and each is expected to timely complete all job assignments.
· Be able to effectively communicate clearly both in writing and verbally.
· Ability to communicate technical problems in a non-technical manner.
· Ability to understand and apply Department rules and regulations, Town of Herndon rules and regulations, and standard operating procedures.
· Ability to analyze situations and determine response.
· Ability to remain calm under stress.
· Basic knowledge of FBI CJIS policy.
· Ability to prioritize issues based on importance and criticality.
· Ability to provide support in a 24/7 environment.
Minimum Education/Certification Requirements:
The ideal candidate will bring experience with some or all the following technologies: MS Office Suite, Office 365, Microsoft Intune, Active Directory User and Computer Management, VM, ESX, NAS and SAN storage.
The candidate will have excellent listening, written and verbal communication skills. They will take initiative and responsibility in exceeding customer expectations and manage their time with competing priorities.
High school diploma or GED required.
Additionally, the candidate, will gain exposure to other disciplines such as Network Infrastructure, Enterprise Computing, GIS, and Application Development along with opportunities for advancement.
· 3 years’ MS Office Suite, Office 365 and Active Directory User and Computer Management
· 3 years’ Microsoft Intune (MDM), VM, ESX, NAS and SAN storage
· 1 years’ Basic knowledge of FBI CJIS policy
· 3 years’ Microsoft Windows 7 and 10 OS and MAC OS systems admin experience
· 1 years’ The Records Management System (RMS) and Computer Aided Dispatch (CAD) software experience
· 2 years’ In-car and desk computers, mobile devices administration experience
· 1 years’ Dashboard and body worn video camera equipment IT help-desk level experience
· 2 years’ Law enforcement - police department specific help desk experience
· High school diploma or GED