SILLCDC is looking to fill an opening for a Senior App Developer (Backend) for a project in downtown Washington DC. (Metro accessible). This is our DIRECT CLIENT. If you are interested, please send me your resume along with your expected hourly rate on 1099.
Our client is looking for a Senior Backend SQL Server Developer with proven professional experience in the design, development, delivery and enhancement of SQL queries, reports, procedures, and functions as well as other necessary backend development and administration including database backups and recoveries. Candidate will be responsible for the implementation and management of business aligned IT services. Ensuring the application platform is of high quality, defects free and adheres to industry standards for development, testing and deployment methodologies.
Developer Role and Responsibilities:
· Capable of design, develop and deploy applications that support users on the client assessments & case and program management applications such as; TCA, SNAP E&T Assessment etc.
· Provides mentorship and technical advice to a team of Application/Reports/Query developers.
· Provides strategic advice to the lead, management and customers of the OIS.
· Capable of implementing programming standards that support a secure and defect free application.
· Interacts daily with government clients in order to meet the technical requirements for new initiatives.
· Works with Quality Assurance / Quality Control teams to insure the application remains secure and defect free.
· Evaluates, designs, and implements accepted programming standards as they relate to the TCA and SNAP E&T application and infrastructure.
· Defines and documents processes to be used by all application developers on the team.
· Plans, researches, and recommends new equipment, software tools, and related technologies.
· Uses monitoring and performance analysis tools to troubleshoot and isolate application performance issues.
· Management of Database environments, backups, restores and other administration tasks
· Updates system and process documentation, produces user guides, ER diagrams, and SOPs as needed - Including Visio Network design drawings.
· Other duties as assigned.
Minimum Education/Certification Requirements:
· Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology or related field or equivalent experience
· 11-15 years troubleshooting production problems related to software applications
· Proven experience in IT field with focus on the technical reporting, system setup, data analysis and analytics.
· Proven experience in the setting up and configuration of MS SQL Server infrastructure.
· Proven experience in creating and deploying reporting/dashboard solutions using Reporting Services of MS SQL Server together with good problem solving
· Excellent analytical and communication skills, both verbal and written, have the ability to work well in a team, collaborating with developers, custom
· Candidate should have worked on any of the leading Reporting tools like SSRS, Business Objects, MicroStrategy Cognos, Tableau, and / or Qlikview.
· Candidate should strong ETL experience in Data Warehouse / Business Intelligence platforms (experiences with ETL Tools like SSIS/Informatica/ Data Stage)
· Experience in administration, development, design & support of computerized databases
· Knowledge and experience with database technologies, development front-end (e.g., Cognos)/back-end programming language
· Knowledge and experience with front-end (e.g., Cognos)/back-end programming languages (e.g., Structured Query Language (SQL)
· Experience with tuning Reporting Services
· Proven experience in design, implement and managing complex databases including administration tasks.