SILLCDC is looking to fill an opening for a PeopleSoft Functional Tester Journeyman for a project in downtown Washington DC. (Metro accessible). This is our DIRECT CLIENT. If you are interested, please send me your resume along with your expected hourly rate on 1099.
Tester Role and Responsibilities:
The PeopleSoft Functional Tester has strong of knowledge in quality assurance, release management, testing and provides advanced system testing support for the new PeopleSoft HCM 9.2 application, interfaces with external systems, and reporting.
· Can perform quality testing and lead user acceptance testing using PeopleSoft Test Framework (PTF). The functional tester will be able to write a test plan based upon requirements, develop test scripts, perform testing, and assist in the training of end users or testers and will have deep knowledge in software testing methodology and the system development life cycle.
· Participation in design specification reviews and technical documentation reviews is essential to performing these duties.
· Also, the applicant will create testing and performance summary reports clearly communicating to management all testing results.
· Finally, the tester will help prioritize defects to be fixed using an understanding of the business requirements and the needs of the customer.
Minimum Education/Certification Requirements:
· Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology or related field or equivalent experience
· Strong written and verbal communications skills
· Strong analytical and problem solving skills
· Excellent time management skills
· Strong knowledge of system testing best practices and methodologies
· Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment
· Organized and detail-oriented; able to effectively perform multiple/concurrent tasks within deadlines in a dynamic environment
· Experience in PeopleSoft HCM 9.2 testing 3+ years
· Must have solid understanding in 9.2 upgrade processes (Initial pass, Move to Prod etc.)
· Responsible for PeopleSoft application system and integration test preparation and execution.
· Responsible to use existing project artifacts/deliverables to create test conditions, identify test scenarios, write test scripts and prepare test data.
· Meet with users, and subject matter experts to review and refine test scenarios and scripts
· Responsible to independently execute system and integration test scripts, including documentation of test results, identification, documentation and resolution of test defects.
· Responsible for documenting defects identified during testing, working with application development teams to resolve, and retest the defect until resolved.
· PeopleSoft 9.2 Core HCM expertise in several of the following modules: Benefits, eRecruit, Self Service, MSS, Time and Labor, Payroll.
· Develop and execute automated test scripts using PeopleSoft Test Framework
· Should have some knowledge in PeopleSoft HCM 9.2 mobile platform.
· Deliver weekly reports showing progress against outstanding testing milestones, issues, risks and dependencies
· Contribute to the entire software development life cycle (SDLC – Agile and Waterfall preferred) from initial business requirements to deployment & production support
· Experience in automated functional testing
· Experience with HP Quality Center/ALM.
· Answer client support questions via phone and email
· Create & implement test plans and test scripts (with focus on integration & batch processing scenarios)
· Lead all technical testing efforts including integration testing & performance testing
· Ensure QoS (quality of service) levels of software products through performance test benchmarking
· Provide production support of software products by investigating and recreating reported defects
· Work with multiple database interfaces and be familiar with standard web architectures
· Federal or State/Local Government experience desired
· Assist in implementation of QA standards and continual improvement activities
· Excellent Communication and Analytical skills
· Excellent MS Office skills
· Excellent SQL scripting skills
· Must have good understanding on Oracle 11G or 12c Database
· Must have prior experience working with PeopleSoft HCM 9.x (or higher), PeopleTools 8.5x, and Oracle 9.x (or higher).