SILLCDC is looking to fill an opening for a Senior IT Consultant – Server Engineer for a project in downtown Washington DC. (Metro accessible). This is our DIRECT CLIENT. If you are interested, please send me your resume along with your expected hourly rate on 1099.
Server Engineer will be responsible for the day to day management of the windows servers in a VMWare & physical environment but not limited to analyzing logs, troubleshooting server & network connectivity, account creation, active directory & support of users at all tiers. Experience in VMWare experience, Windows Server experience , Active Directory, direct endpoint (PC, Tablet and Laptop) support - ( Windows 7/8/10 desktops, tablets and notebooks. Experience and use of remote control tool sets (e.g. LANDesk) or equivalent, knowledge of Active Directory and exchange concepts and administration Ability
Troubleshoot, diagnose, resolve hardware and software issues and document technical service requests. Solid knowledge of TCP/IP networking & related network services (i.e., DNS, VPN, DHCP, etc.) Work.
Role and Responsibilities:
· Coordinates IT project management, engineering, maintenance, QA, and risk management.
· Plans, coordinates, and monitors project activities.
· Develops technical applications to support users.
· Develops, implements, maintains and enforces documented standards and procedures for the design, development, installation, modification, and documentation of assigned systems.
· Provides training for system products and procedures.
· Performs application upgrades.
· Performs, monitoring, maintenance, or reporting on real- time databases, real-time network and serial data communications, and real-time graphics and logic applications.
· Troubleshoots problems.
· Ensures project life-cycle is in compliance with District standards and procedures.
Minimum Education/Certification Requirements:
· Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology or related field or equivalent experience
· 11-15 years planning, coordinating, and monitoring project activities
· 11-15 years leading projects, ensuring they are in compliance with established standards/procedures
· Bachelor’s degree in IT or related field or equivalent experience
· VMWare experience
· Windows Server experience
· Provide direct endpoint (PC, Tablet and Laptop) support - ( Windows 7/8/10 desktops, tablets and notebooks)
· Experience and working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite
· Configure and troubleshoot wireless and wired connectivity
· Experience and use of remote control tool sets (e.g. LANDesk) or equivalent
· Knowledge of Active Directory and exchange concepts and administration
· Solid knowledge of TCP/IP networking & related network services (i.e., DNS, VPN, DHCP, etc
Troubleshoot, diagnose, resolve hardware and software issues and document technical service requests