SILLCDC is looking to fill an opening for a Desktop Support 3 for a project in Iowa. This is our DIRECT CLIENT. If you are interested, please send me your resume along with your expected hourly rate on 1099.
Desktop Support 3 (DS3) performs all roles of a DS2 and must have prior proven experience working on a Technical Help Desk that includes extensive networking knowledge, and has experience working with complex systems and/or custom hardware.
Analyst Roles & Responsibilities:
· Perform multi-level support for approximately 5,800 users.
o Provide telephone support as well as on-site support for users to determine symptoms, causes and resolutions to problems related to PC software, configuration management, network management, printer configuration and mainframe applications.
o Perform advanced hardware and software support for laptop, desktop and tablet PC’s, which routinely includes rebuilding, reformatting and imaging. This also involves upgrades, testing workstations, peripheral devices, user applications and other critical software. Also provide basic level support for network servers.
o Routinely perform advanced research for hardware and software problems to assist customers and to provide the most current and up-to-date technological business solutions. This includes utilizing various databases, performing in-depth searches in the Internet as well as inquiries of various product vendors.
o Develop and analyze system requirements for new PC purchases, to include, but not limited to, coordinating with various parts of the organization regarding their software needs. Then develop and evaluate the enhancements, updates and products to provide system and software solution for customers.
· Coordinates inter and intra communications between Technical and Network Support Center (TNSC), LAN teams, DHS Wide Area Network Users, and ICN. Implement network outage plan to insure all relevant information is communicated to appropriate personnel and if necessary coordinate repair/resolution of problem.
· System maintenance for call-tracking database, which is utilized by several departmental work groups. Develop, maintain, modify and report on standard problems, resolutions and decision trees for use by the entire team. Perform regular file maintenance of call-tracking software.
Required Skills (Minimum 3 years’ each):
· General desktop support either client side or remote
· Desktop - Windows 10 Installation, Support, Patching and Troubleshooting
· Windows networking TCP/IP Configuration and troubleshooting
· Ability to modify system registry (regedit)
· Support and Troubleshooting of Office 2010/2013, IE11, Chrome
· Rebuilding Outlook Profiles
· Thorough understanding of Active Directory - client side
· Build and deploy/setup client machines
· Demonstrated experience providing support with remote tools
· Install and troubleshoot 3rd party applications on the desktop
· Troubleshoot network printers
· A+ Certification Nice to have