SILLCDC is looking to fill an opening for a Virtualization/Storage Architect for a project in downtown Washington DC. (Metro accessible). This is our DIRECT CLIENT. If you are interested, please send me your resume along with your expected hourly rate on 1099.
Program seeks an Infrastructure Specialist with an emphasis on Automation, Virtualization, Storage, and Disaster Avoidance/Recovery Design experience. Extensive Expertise with VMware Components ESXi, vCenter, vRealize Automation, vRealize Operations Management, VMware Site Recovery Manager, Zerto Cloud, Netbackup, Dell Storage, and Brocade Fibre Channel Networking in private and public cloud is required.
Architect Role and Responsibilities:
• Design Highly Available environment.
• Validate environments are deployed based on design.
• Audit environments to ensure they are highly available.
• Design disaster recovery solution based on application recovery point objective and recovery time objective.
• Validate disaster recovery by testing failovers.
• Provide specialized knowledge how to implement and upgrade Systems in conformance with customer requirements
• Lead the development of Operational and maintenance procedures for systems
• Document system configuration and operational procedures.
This position requires keeping up to date with Dell Storage, Dell Servers, VMware ESXi, vRealize Automation, Site Recovery components in use at the customer’s site, as well as a testing and validating interoperability in a lab setting prior to deploying updates to production.
Candidates must have extensive knowledge and experience with Active Directory, VMware vCenter, ESXi, vRealize Automation, Site Recovery Manager, Operations Manager, Zerto Cloud, Netbackup, Dell Compellent, Brocade Fibre Channel Networking, and PowerShell.
The environment is fast moving and has high expectations for quality of work and turnaround times.
Minimum Education/Certification Requirements:
• Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology or related field or equivalent experience
• Extensive ESXi experience
• In-depth experience with VMware vRealize
• In-depth understanding of Server hardware and Operating systems
• Experience with Dell Servers, configurations and troubleshooting
• In-depth experience of Active Directory
• Extensive experience with Brocade Fibre Channel Switches and Brocade Network Advisor
• In-depth experience with Dell Compellent SAN and Dell Storage Manager
• In-depth experience with Disaster Recovery and Avoidance planning
• In-depth knowledge of PowerShell
• Experience with Veritas NetBackup
• Experience as a SME in complex enterprise level projects
• Experience with Zerto Cloud
• In-depth knowledge of Enterprise Storage and Backups
• Experience with VMware Site Recovery Manager
• leading projects, ensuring they are in compliance with established standards/procedures
• planning, coordinating, and monitoring project activities
Bachelor’s degree in IT or related field or equivalent experience